Marketing and Communications Manager
Status: Permanent; full time
Location: Hybrid – mix of remote and central London office-based working
Salary: £38,360 to £43,050 per annum inclusive
Closing date: noon on Friday 29th September 2023
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Heart of the City is a responsible business charity which works with small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to help them to develop responsible and sustainable business programmes including a strong focus on climate action. We are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team.
The role will lead on the strategy, planning, design, content and delivery of marketing and communications to our SME members and our other stakeholder groups including sustainability and procurement experts in the private and public sector.
The role will involve developing and delivering an integrated marketing and communications strategy which positions Heart of the City as the leading responsible business network for SMEs. This will include planning and producing high quality digital marketing materials to help raise the profile of Heart of the City and to recruit new companies to our programmes.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will maximise engagement with both existing and potential SME members as well as larger organisations through the development of content for our website, the management of our social media channels and our regular email newsletters.
This is a diverse role that requires strong marketing, communications and organisational skills and an individual who will enjoy the strategic, practical and creative elements of a busy role that operates autonomously within the team. We are a small, friendly and dedicated team committed to supporting businesses to develop strong responsible business programmes.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have:
- Demonstrable understanding of how marketing and communications activities and practices deliver ROI
- Knowledge of digital communications and marketing practices
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ads, Meta Ads, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Canva
- Experience of WordPress, Drupal or similar
- Experience of Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Typeform, SurveyMonkey or similar
- A proven track record of developing marketing and communications plans for SME engagement or similar activities
- A proven track record in delivering increased engagement through marketing and communication activities
- Experience of running email marketing campaigns, using both cold data and engaged lists of contacts
- Experience of running a website
- Experience of working with the media – placing ads, press releases and stories in relevant publications
The charity is supported by senior business leaders as well as a network of responsible business experts. The charity’s co-presidents are the Lord Mayor of the City of London and the Governor of the Bank of England. We pride ourselves on our professional and high-quality work and we are always seeking to improve, develop and keep up with the rapidly changing responsible business sector.
With our focus on responsible and sustainable business and climate action, roles in the Heart of the City team are an engaging opportunity for anyone with an interest in climate action, responsible business, sustainability and CSR.
This is an exciting time for the charity – we have recently secured funding to deliver a new project to support ethnic minority owned businesses in London with sustainability and we are interested to expand our reach beyond London. We’re looking forward to hearing from candidates who would like to join our team to help us maximise our marketing and communication capabilities to enable us to provide responsible and sustainable business support to more SMEs across London and the UK.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday 29th September 2023.