This carbon calculator uses 2021 emissions factors. If you’re measuring a baseline pre-2021 you need to use the UK government’s emissions factors for the correct year.
We’ll update this carbon calculator every year, so make sure to come and download the most up to date version whenever you’re using it.
We constructed the employees working from home information using EcoAct’s whitepaper.
We found the purchased goods and services emissions factor by using an average of these items’ emissions factors:
- Manufacture of paper and paper products
- Real estate activities
- Computer and related activities
- Manufacture of furniture: manufacturing n.e.c
- Insurance and pension funding, except compulsory social security
- Other service activities
- Other business activities
- Publishing, printing and and reproduction of recorded media
- Hotels and restaurants
- Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture, manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials
- Manufacture of chemicals and chemical products
- Post and telecommunications
- Manufacture of textiles
- Renting of machinery and equipment without operator and of personal and household goods
- Manufacture of office, accounting and computing machinery
- Activities of membership organisations n.e.c
- Research and development
- Manufacture of food products and beverages