Some businesses need to get going with responsible business quickly – that’s why we’ve developed a 2.5-hour workshop that covers the basics of responsible business. So, if you’re new to the field and need a whistle stop tour of responsible business, or you’re not based in London, this workshop is a great option!
An introduction to responsible business
Who it's for
This workshop is tailored to people who are just starting out in responsible business. You might have a new role in the field, or you’ve been asked to do some responsible business work alongside your job. You could be working in a small business or a large firm – it’s a general introduction that can be adapted to your business size and industry.
What you'll learn
You’ll get to grips with the concept of responsible business and learn how you can start putting a programme in place in your business. The workshop covers the key themes of responsible business, which at Heart of the City we define as your purpose, community, environment and workplace. We’ll also look at responsible business strategy – together, we’ll consider how you can develop your own strategy and engage your stakeholders in it.
What you'll leave with
By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Understand and articulate the business case for responsible business
- Recognise the frameworks that define responsible business, including the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Define the key themes of community, environment and workplace
- Consider responsible business projects that you can deliver with limited resources
- Assess your company’s responsible business position and make plans to develop it